Monday, September 25, 2006

Lonely Planet


20th September

The weather out here changes fast. Last night, as I drifted off to sleep, lightning lit up the circular sky light in the ger. By contrast, tonight we have a perfect cloudless sky. Myself, Paul, Ian and Richard spent the last 2 hours lying on our backs, half way up the hill counting shooting stars.

I counted 10, including a few that were so bright they seemed to cut open the sky. The beer and vodka we took up there did the job of keeping us warm and we spoke about the cosmos. It made me realise:


a) how little anyone knows
b) how little I know
c) of the little I did know, how much I have forgotten

I will be looking at Wikipedia as soon as I get to a internet cafe where it is not blocked.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home